There have been a couple of questions about my Hot Summer Twisted/Speak Book Trailer Contest, so I thought I would restate the rules and clarify a few points.
1. Create a book trailer for SPEAK or TWISTED. You may not use clips or images from the SPEAK movie (it is copyrighted, that’s why). Your trailer must qualify for a PG rating. Try to keep it under two minutes long: four minutes is the absolute maximum length allowed.
2. Post the trailer on YouTube. Include the phrase “TWISTED trailer contest” or “SPEAK trailer contest” in the title. Submissions must be posted by 12:00pm, EST, August 31, 2008.
3. Once the trailer is posted, notify us by emailing the Office Mouse: officemouse AT writerlady DOT com . When you notify us, please provide a link to your trailer and a valid email address so we can contact you if you win. If you are in a Summer Reading group, include the name of your librarian and her (or his) email address.
4. Watch and wait. Winner will be chosen by Laurie Halse Anderson (aka me).
5. NOTE! Contest is only open to people who will be 21 years old or younger on August 31, 2008.
6. Contest is open to anyone on the Planet Earth. Teens working aboard the space station are welcome too. Entries from other planets and galaxies will be considered, as long as they can be watched on Earth-created technologies.
7. If your trailer is chosen as the winning entry and you are not 18 yet, your parents will have to sign a release form granting me all rights to use your trailer. If you are over 18, you get to sign for yourself. You will be credited as the producer of the trailer, but the only payment you will receive is the prize described below. If you win, be sure to include this on your college or film school application.
8. If you are in a library summer reading group, your library will receive 5 signed copies of my books. The librarian in charge of the group gets to decide which books to receive.
9. There will be two prizes awarded; one for the best SPEAK trailer, one for the best TWISTED trailer.
10. The creator of the winning trailer will be awarded an 8GB iPod Touch. Winner agrees to be responsible for setting up and paying for Internet connection and any warranty protection plan for the device.
11. If the winners do not live in a region where the iPod Touch is supported, a substitute prize of equal value will be awarded.
12. Winners will be announced on this blog, Sunday, September 7th, and will be notified by email.
I think that’s everything. Please feel free to post this announcement to library and academic listservs. If you have any more questions about the contest, please post them in the Comments section.
7 Replies to “Restating Book Trailer Contest Rules”
Don’t forget it will take this message four years to reach the nearest star. I hope you’ll give teens on planets outside our solar system a bit of slack with the deadline.
Good point. I should probably set up a non-Earth-based contest for those folks, shouldn’t I?
After I invent the time machine and go back to 1981, can I enter?
Only if you share the machine.
Ah, I’m definitely entering this with some of my friends. I’m conveniently starting film camp on Tuesday so I should have some semblance of what I’m doing by August.
Please, help me, brothers!!!
Hello, my dear friends! I want to download program XRumer 5.07 PALLADIUM free. Any url???
I’m so need this magic program! It’s can break captchas automatically! Activate accounts via email automatically too! Absolutely great software! Help me!
And did you hear news – price for XRumer 5.0 Palladium will grow up to $540 after 15 may 2009… And XRumer 2.9 and 3.0 – too old versions, it’s cant break modern catpchas and cant break modern anti-bot protections. But XRumer 5.0 Palladium CAN!!!!
So help me for download this great soft for free! Thanks!