After the fireworks of yesterday and the day before, I will attempt something lame.
1. Grab the book nearest you, turn to page 18 and find line 4. Washington’s Spies, by Alexander Rose. “He was only to spy out Long Island and come home.”
2. Stretch out your left arm as far as you can. What can you touch? The sloping ceiling of my office.
3. What is the last thing you watched on TV? BBC News this morning.
4. Without looking, guess what time it is. 7:42 am
5. Now look at the clock. What is the actual time? 7:33 a.m.
6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear? Seven different kinds of birds singing and my husband moving around downstairs.
7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing? Came in last night from a Fourth of July party.
8. Before you started this survey, what did you look at? Morning news blogs: Syracuse.com, NYTimes, cnn (have to make sure the world still exists).
9. What are you wearing? Grey hooded sweatshirt, green velvetish pants, socks.
10. Did you dream last night? Yep. Dreamed I was on a long trip across the Great Plains and I stopped at a restaurant and ordered a blueberry muffin and cheddar cheese.
11. When did you last laugh? When my husband tickled me after I finished my breakfast.
12. What is on the walls of the room you are in? Bulletin board, a couple of blown-up maps of New York City in 1776, and my straw summer hat.
13. Seen anything weird lately? Kim Jong Il…. that man has issues.
14. What do you think of this quiz? great up until this dumb question.
15. What is the last film you saw? Patton.
16. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy? Hybrid car, flowers for garden, new fireplaces for the house. And the hot boots that I saw at the Renaissance Festival last year.
17. Tell me something about you that I don’t know. I have a really good nose…. in fact, I’m a super-smeller.
18. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt and politics, what would you do? Wave a magic wand so that all people would suddenly be responsible about their fertility.
19. Do you like to dance? Oh, yeah.
20. George Bush: lied to us.
21. Imagine your first child is a girl. What do you call her? We called her Stephanie.
22. Imagine your first child is a boy. What do you call him? This is harder. Maybe Hercules. Or Thor.
23. Would you ever consider living abroad? Absolutely.
24. What would you want God to say to you when you reach the pearly gate? “Your grandparents are waiting in the kitchen.”
25. 3 people who must also do this quiz in their blog: Whoever is bored enough – leave us a link in the comments.