Thank you to everyone who commented and emailed me about the book trailer contest deadline yesterday. You confirmed my hunch.
I have two announcements.
1. To everyone who has submitted a book trailer as of today. Please email your mailing address to Officemouse AT writerlady DOT com as soon as possible. Your trailer is still entered in the contest, but since I am changing the rules in the middle of it, I figure I owe you something. I want to send you one of my books. In your email, let me know if you want SPEAK, CATALYST, PROM, TWISTED, or FEVER 1793. If you are in the mood to be patient, you can request my new historical novel, CHAINS, which comes out on October 21, or my next YA, WINTERGIRLS, which will be published in May, 2009.
2. To the rest of the world: the new deadline for the book trailer contest is midnight (Eastern Standard Time in the US), October 31st, 2008.
1. Create a book trailer for SPEAK or TWISTED. You may not use clips or images from the SPEAK movie (it is copyrighted, that’s why). Your trailer must qualify for a PG rating. Try to keep it under two minutes long: four minutes is the absolute maximum length allowed.
2. Post the trailer on YouTube. Include the phrase “TWISTED trailer contest” or “SPEAK trailer contest” in the title. Submissions must be posted by midnight (Eastern Standard Time in the US), October 31st, 2008.
3. Once the trailer is posted, notify us by emailing the Office Mouse: officemouse AT writerlady DOT com . When you notify us, please provide a link to your trailer and a valid email address so we can contact you if you win. Please include the name of your school librarian or English teacher and her (or his) email address. If you are home-schooled, include the name of your public librarian.
4. Watch and wait. Winner will be chosen by Laurie Halse Anderson (aka me).
5. NOTE! Contest is only open to people who will be 21 years old or younger on October 31, 2008.
6. Contest is open to anyone on the Planet Earth. Teens working aboard the space station are welcome too. Entries from other planets and galaxies will be considered, as long as they can be watched on Earth-created technologies.
7. If your trailer is chosen as the winning entry and you are not 18 yet, your parents will have to sign a release form granting me all rights to use your trailer. If you are over 18, you get to sign for yourself. You will be credited as the producer of the trailer, but the only payment you will receive is the prize described below. If you win, be sure to include this on your college or film school application.
8. If you win, your school or public library, or your English teacher, will receive 5 signed copies of my books.
9. There will be two grand prizes awarded; one for the best SPEAK trailer, one for the best TWISTED trailer.
10. The creator of the winning trailer will be awarded an 8GB iPod Touch. Winner agrees to be responsible for setting up and paying for Internet connection and any warranty protection plan for the device.
11. If the winners do not live in a region where the iPod Touch is supported, a substitute prize of equal value will be awarded.
12. Winners will be announced on this blog at some point in November and will be notified by email.
I think that’s everything. Please feel free to post this announcement to listservs and on your blog. If you have any more questions about the contest, please post them in the Comments section.
3 Replies to “Book Trailer Contest Revision”
I have a question. How many times may we enter? Once, or more than that?
Once for each book would be good.
But if you posted your video then decided you hated it, you could always take it down and submit a new one.
Ok, thanks, that’s exactly what happened to me. I rushed to submit an entry and then came to find out that the deadline had been postponed. Thank you very much!