Don’t know about where you live, but this morning is one of the most beautiful we’ve had in a while. When the Creature With Fangs and I stepped outside, she looked around and said “Dang! Why can’t it be like this all the time?”
So, basking in natural goodness, I make Five Friday Announcements:
1. TWISTED has been chosen as a YALSA Teens’ Top Ten nominee. The list of nominees is stellar; be sure to go through it. Teens who read titles on the list get to vote for their favorites during Teen Read Week, October 12-18, 2008.
2. In related news, the paperback version of TWISTED goes on sale in 20 days! I’ll be celebrating it at the river’s end bookstore in Oswego, NY on May 15th, 6pm. TWISTED has also apparently been released in England. I found the cover on the Amazon.UK website. You’d think they’d let the author know about these things, wouldn’t you?
3. Speaking of new releases, we’re about five weeks away from the release of INDEPENDENT DAMES: What You Never Knew About the Women and Girls of the American Revolution. It’s illustrated by Matt Faulkner, who did the great art for THANK YOU, SARAH, and I am so excited about it I keep skipping, which amuses the dog.
4. Harold Underdown (author of the very important and useful COMPLETE IDIOT”S GUIDE TO PUBLISHING CHILDREN’S BOOKS) has posted an extremely good page about getting an agent or artist’s representative. If you are thinking that it’s time, go to this part of his website before you do anything else.
5. Susane Colasanti windowlight has great photos from Viking’s 75th birthday party. ETA – Publisher’s Weekly noted the party, too! Note to Uncle Viking: I have my calendar out: what’s the date for the 100th?
This weekend I’m researching and running and working in the garden. What are you going to do?
9 Replies to “Five Great Announcements”
This weekend, I’m painting the living room. It’s finally warm enough that I can open the house, but not so hot that I need the AC. Home improvement, ftw!
It’s beautiful here in Vermont, too. The daffodils have bloomed! 🙂
UK Twisted cover
Why is the UK cover so girly? I like the US version much better.
Re: UK Twisted cover
Those were my exact words.
Urk. Forgot to log in. Jo’s right. That’s why I’m planting veggies, going to the Maple Festival, and plotting on a fun project that popped into mind a week or so ago. I may even risk putting away the winter clothes.
Congrats on the new book release Laurie!! I’m not sure I can make it to River’s End on the 15th to celebrate with you, but I did want to let you know about another important date: Dad’s final concert before retirement. Amanda and I will be home the night of May 21st to surprise Dad with a plaque to commemorate his achievements in teaching over the last 30 years. If you can make it, or would like to quietly spread the word to everyone in your family, please do so! We hope to see you there!!
Congrats on the new book release Laurie!! I’m not sure I can make it to River’s End on the 15th to celebrate with you, but I did want to let you know about another important date: Dad’s final concert before retirement. It’s on May 21st. If you can make it, or would like to spread the word to everyone in your family, please do so!
it’s snowing in minnesota. not quite beautiful.
Congratulations! Have you given any thought to a more fleshed-out version of INDEPENDENT DAMES for older readers, or would S&S even allow that? I love that you wrote this, and I haven’t even read the text yet.
I agree with the criticism about the UK cover of TWISTED. What were they thinking?
Oklahoma City weather has very windy but mostly pretty good this week. This is remarkable because the downtown outdoor arts festival that’s been going on all week almost always brings on torrential rain and tornados.
Our puppy, who is about the size of CWF’s paw, has been running happy circles around us in the back yard. Wait’ll she sees what summer is like around here.