First, I owe a shout-out to Lydia, whose older sister, Elena, works at Writer’s House in New York. ::waves from couch:: She said really sweet things about you, Lydia!
Now – my Five Friday Things:
1. My surgery is over and my leg is in the air and healing nicely. (Thanks for all the warm wishes.) BH tells me that when I was coming out of the anesthesia I tried to negotiate with the doctor and get him to agree that I could go running in four days instead of two weeks. I do not remember this. Both the doc and BH were amused.
2. Two weeks without running is a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery long time.
3. Pain pills make you stupid, but are useful when you need to sleep.
4. Two weeks = fourteen days = seven missed running days = 35 missed miles. Humpf.
5. I am not in New York for BEA because of The Leg. So here are my photos from last week’s New York City trip.
This is Kevin Lewis, my Simon & Schuster editor, with me. We’re holding Thank You, Sarah, and Fever 1793, our past projects, and drafts of Independent Dames and Chains, my books that Kevin is publishing in 2008.
In between meetings I snuck down to Books of Wonder, one of the best children’s bookstores in the country.
Does anyone have any BEA stories?