(That is a famous passage from Beethoven’s 5th symphony, BTW.)
Yep. It’s here. It’s tonight. And I am supposed to get a lot of writing done today. (insert hysterical giggling)
Games to play while watching SPEAK movie: (9pm EST on Showtime (which I can’t afford) & Lifetime (aka “The Estrogen Channel”) check local listings for Midwest and West coast)
1. count how many times Melinda speaks.
2. watch for lines that came from the book.
3. figure out what famous teen movie the director paid homage to in one of the cafeteria scenes.
4. if you live in Ohio and were one of the extras, look for yourself on screen.
5. throw popcorn at the TV whenever IT shows up.
6. figure out what scenes were NOT in the book.
7. speculate on why the director chose the ending she did.
I know some of you are not going to like the movie as much as the book. That’s cool. When you post here to complain, give me REASONS why you didn’t like it as much. Same with those of you who really like the movie – let me know your favorite scenes!!! Which characters looked like you imagined? Which didn’t seem to fit at all? Which actors deserve Oscars for their performances? Did anybody really stink?
My Menu Suggestions…. food with ties to SPEAK:
Pop-Tarts (thank you for reminding me!)
Very bad turkey soup
If have read CATALYST in addition to SPEAK, award yourself five points and add these to your menu:
Did I forget anything? What are you eating at your party?
Here are a couple photos my daughter took while we were on the movie set.
If you really want to dissect the movie and you forgot/can’t tape or Tivo it, the DVD comes out at the end of September.