The drive back to PA was cake. Instead of going straight back to the apartment, I drove to North Penn High School to watch Mer’s drum line corps, Innovations (Hatboro-Horsham High School) play in their first competition of the year. They gave a stunning performance and won second place. Here’s photo that just happens to have my kid front and center:
Here’s my to-do list for the day:
1. Go over family calendars with Beloved Husband (on phone)
2. Grocery shopping with Mer
3. Catch up on e-mail
4. Catch up on old-fashioned mail
5. Make a bunch of plane reservations
6. Write a bunch of thank yous
7. Put EVERYTHING away from last week’s road trip
8. Prepare for this week’s school visits
9. Prepare for this week’s writing
10. Post recent reader questions to LJ
Such an exciting life I lead…
The above list is so deadly boring, I must hop on to the 10 Things I’ve Done That Others Might Not Have bandwagon. (This is a fun meme running around LJ)
1. Eaten blood sausage.
2. Milked cows (hundreds of them).
3. Written fan mail to singer Marian Anderson.
4. Been scared witless by TV show Dark Shadows (I was in second grade).
5. Rowed a Viking ship in the Baltic Sea.
6. Given a speech to three thousand people.
7. Eaten gorp on top an Adirondack mountain in a snowstorm with my dad and sister.
8. Run a half-marathon.
9. Hugged JRR Tolkien’s favorite tree in Oxford.
10. Been chased by an angry bull.
10a. Escaped angry bull by sliding under electric fence.