Yep, I did it. Wrote Chapter One of my new WIP yesterday. Now if I could just have about two hundred days in a row like that, I’ll be in good shape. (No, it won’t have two hundred chapters, but I need lots of time for revision.)
It’s almost 7am which is when I get to work, but before I dive into Chapter Two, I thought I’d leave you with a Five Ways to Procrastinate on Friday:
1. My father, Rev. Frank Halse, was in the newspaper yesterday. I’m bummed that the photo isn’t online, too. He is rather distinguished. Go, Dad!
2. In other family news, daughter Meredith recommends Our Voice 2008; a site for people under the age of 30 who want their voices and concerns heard int he next election. Please, please, please take a look at this. Our country needs you to be involved in the next election.
3. Want to combine your passion for knitting and respect for the work of Neil Gaiman? Check out this sweater.
4. The censors and defilers of our Constitution have been at it again. Read about the latest challenges to Ellen Wittlinger’s Sandpiper, J. L. Powers’ The Confessional, and Stephen Chbosky’s Perks of Being a Wallflower on the AS IF! blog.
5. You can join us in Mexico, NY tomorrow morning and help support our library, which is a vital part of our community. The Mexico 5K Cider Run is a 3.1 mile run through the streets of the village. The people are very kind and the money goes to a great cause. Plenty of people run slowly or walk, so don’t worry if you move at less than blazing speed. Hope to see you there.