Along with being thankful for traditional things like my family, friends, not being dead, pie, books, pie, college basketball, and pie, I am also thankful for these things:
1. The gentle snow that is falling right now.
2. The mug of tea at my left elbow.
3. Lunch with Meredith yesterday.
4. The people who salted Route 81 last night so I made it home from NCTE safely.
5. The amazing teachers I met at NCTE. (I’ll post my last conference photos later.)
6. The fact that NCTE was my last speaking gig for three months.
7. The stack of books on my desk waiting to be read.
8. Stef and Jared arriving tonight.
9. Our house smells like pumpkin pie. (I know I mentioned pie above, but one cannot talk about it enough, IMHO.)
10. Tomorrow is my favorite holiday of the year!!!
What are you thankful for?
News flash: a moment of silence please, out of respect for the passing of Ruth Siems, the genius who invented Stove Top Stuffing.