- January 7 – 7PM West Sound Reads Program at South Kitsap High School, Win Granlund Performing Arts Center, Port Orchard, WA In partnership with Eagle Harbor Books and Liberty Bay Books
- January 8 – 7PM University Book Store, Seattle, WA
- January 9 – 7PM Rakestraw Books, Danville, CA
- January 10 – 7PM Alamosa Books, Albuquerque, NM
- January 11 – 4PM Boulder Bookstore, Boulder, CO
- January 12 – 4PM Harriet Island Pavilion, Saint Paul, MN (Sponsored by: Red Balloon Bookstore in partnership with St. Paul Public Library)
- January 13 – 7PM Nicola's Books, Ann Arbor, MI
- January 14 – 6PM McLean & Eakin, Petosky, MI
- January 15 – 7PM Politics & Prose, Washington, DC
- January 16 – 7:30PM DCP Theatre, Telford, PA **Ticketed Event** (Sponsored by Harleysville Books LLC)
- January 17 – 7PM DeKalb County Library, Decatur, GA (Georgia Center for the Book Event in partnership with Little Shop of Stories)
- January 18 – 2PM Clarke Central High School-Mell Auditorium, Athens, GA (Hosted by Avid Bookshop)
- January 19 – 2PM The Booksellers at Laurelwood, Memphis, TN
- January 20 – 6PM Hudson Valley YA Society at Oblong Books, Rhinebeck, NY
- January 21 – 7:30PM 92nd Street Y, YA Lit Series Event, New York, NY **Ticketed Event**
- January 26 – 1pm riversend bookstore, Oswego, NY
THE IMPOSSIBLE KNIFE OF MEMORY Book Tour!!! Public Events
- January 28-Feburary 14 Muscat, Oman and Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- March 11 – 14 Public Library Association,Indianapolis, IN
- March 15 and 16 Tucson Festival of Books, Tucson, AZ
- April 8 – 11 Texas Library Association, San Antonio, TX
- April 26 Houston Teen Book Festival, Houston, TX
- April 27 – May 7 Kindling Words West Writing Retreat (No Public Appearance)
- May 17 Rochester Teen Book Festival, Rochester, NY
- June 6 – 8 Moravian Writing Conference, Bethlehem, PA
Conferences and Such
Inviting Laurie to your event:
She is generally booked two years in advance.
Scheduling Laurie at a conference:
Laurie is not able to commit to speaking/attending conferences for a few years due to the demands upon her time by her editors and publishers. Oh, and her family, her dog and her chickens and garden… you get the idea.
Can Laurie speak at my school?
Well, unfortunately she is not making visits to schools right now.
Why has Laurie cut back on speaking so much?
Laurie has promised her publishers that she will write many, many books in the next couple of years. Since there are still only 24 hours in a day, that means she cannot be on the road as much as she has in years past.
She hopes very much to get back to visiting schools and doing more conferences at some point.
So she's not visiting schools at all?
Rarely. Sometime she gets to visit schools when she's on book tour. The best way to increase the chance that your school might be on the tour is to have a good relationship with your closest independent bookstore. She also occasionally visits schools that are outside of the United States.
Laurie will be posting more extensive FAQs for her books on this website so that students will have all the information they need to write reports about her work. She also posts details about her writing process on her blog.
Videos of Laurie are on the Media page