I am going to try and steal as much writing time as I can today, so this will be short and sweet.
Want to hang out with me? Meet me at 6pm tomorrow night (10/29) at the Border’s in Newark, DE, where I’ll be talkingabout Wintergirls, answering questions, and probably drinking hot tea.
You can’t make it to Delaware? Have no fear. You can watch a live, streaming video of the occasion on the Penguin POV website. You can even send in a question for me to answer.
ZOE UPDATE & FREE FICTION!
Zoe is sad. Her hair droops and drizzles and trails behind her on the sidewalk. Her sad hair picks up fallen leaves and twigs and discarded acorn tops. Zoe’s chances of making it inside a Cheerios box are grim; she has been bumped out of the top five. There are a couple of other books in the running that are friends of hers (ALL THE WORLD and T-REX IN THE LIBRARY), so that makes her feel better. A little better. Not much, honestly.
Zoe’s hair snags on a tree root that has broken through the sidewalk. (you have to imagine the artwork, it’s too early to wake up Ard and ask him to draw something.)
Zoe stops. Zoe stares.
Her hair twines around the root of the tree.
Zoe turns around. This tree – this magnificent, splendiferous, amazing tree, did not let a little thing like a concrete sidewalk keep it from reaching for the sky.
"We won’t either!" Zoe shouts.
Zoe’s hair bounces back. It curls, it swirls, it zooms!
Zoe decides that no matter how hard the fight, how high the odds, she will never give up.
You can’t give up either. You only have TWO MORE DAYS to vote!! You can put Zoe back in the Cheerios box where she belongs!!
1. Copy and paste the suggestions and voting guidelines below and send them to everyone you know. Post a link to your Twitter. Put it in your Facebook and Myspace status lines. Tweet. Shout. Storm. Spread the news – only two more days to help our favorite redhead!
3. Go to Zoe’s website and play the Hair Basket Game while you are waiting for your friends to write back and thank you for sending them such an excellent suggestion.
AND, OF COURSE, VOTE!!
2. In the bottom right corner, click on MORE BOOKS twice. (Yes, this is the tricky part. No, I don’t know why Zoe is buried at the absolute back of the pack. Kind of makes you feelsorry for her, huh?) That will take you to ZOE.
3. Click on the yellow box that says VOTE!
4. Notify every person you have ever met in your entire life to PLEASE VOTE FOR ZOE. I seriously mean that.
5. Do this every day until 11:59 pm Central Time, October 30. That is only a few more days!